Beginning with a patient’s medical history and current symptoms creating distress to any part of the musculoskeletal system, including:
Fountain Valley Orthopedic Surgeon
A Fountain Valley orthopedic surgeon will work with each patient to find the best treatment possible. Achieving an accurate diagnosis in imperative to preparing and executing an effective and cost-efficient to treatment plan.
Finding the Best
· Each patient will have specific needs for wanting to find the best Fountain Valley orthopedic surgeon. At first, the task for finding an orthopedic surgeon may seem overwhelming. With referrals and reviews, the list of a potential Fountain Valley orthopedic surgeon will be minimized.
· Ask your primary care physician for a recommendation.
· Your primary care physician will have experience dealing with orthopedic surgeons within the area.
· Under some circumstances, the recommendation of your primary care physician is needed to proceed with specialized care.
· Consult your medical health care insurance provider’s claims representative for referrals and/or in network doctors.
· Depending on the policy agreement, the medical insurance provider may have specific criteria and surgeons within the health care network.
· Finding care outside of the network may increase out of pocket costs.
· Ask for referrals from trusted family members, friends, work colleagues and others within the social peer network.
· Use the Internet to research and review a leading Fountain Valley orthopedic surgeon and specialist within the area.
· Medical reviews are available on various sites including social media outlets.
· Consult professional databases including the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and American Medical Association.
· The databases are accessible online with various features to aid in researching the available specialists within a specific geographical area.
Make the Appointment
When you search is over, make the appointment to see a Fountain Valley orthopedic surgeon – like Dr. Howard Marans. Before going to the appointment take the time to write out various questions to ask the doctor. Individualized attention and care are the main factors in finding a highly qualified orthopedic surgeon. The questions may include:
· What are the doctor’s credentials? Board certifications?
· How many similar procedures are performed on a regular basis?
· What are the primary risks to proceeding with this type of treatment?
· What is the desired outcome for this specific treatment program?
· Does the procedure result in a specific amount of improvement?
· What are the non-surgical treatments available? How would this approach help?
· Does the procedure require a hospital stay?
· How much physical therapy will be needed after the surgery?
An orthopedic surgeon should take the time to answer each question to make the patient feel comfortable with the choice. Individualized care is important for achieving a successful outcome. If, at any time, the patient does not feel comfortable with the choice, a second opinion should be the next step in the care process.
Leading Orthopedic Surgeon in Fountain Valley
In the Fountain Valley area, Dr. Howard Marans is specialized in the treatment and care of the musculoskeletal system. For over 33 years, Dr. Marans has successfully treated the orthopedic needs of his patients in a timely and cost-efficient manner
In some cases, Dr. Marans will see the patient the same day as the accident. Accepting most insurances – including PPOs – Dr. Marans will execute a precise treatment plan to achieve an optimal outcome without creating a financial burden on his patient. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 714.979.8981.